THIS TOOK A FAR DIFFERENT TURN THEN I EXPECTED
when did we replace the word “said” with “was like”
When it occured to us that “said” implies a direct quote, while “was like” clarifies that you mean to communicate the person’s tone and general point without quoting them word for word.
who cares lmfao!!!!
What did they tell him!!! What can we tell him to make him cry harder
OKAY, HOLD THE FUCK UP.
THIS IS WHAT THE MEDIA DOES TO POSTS AND SUCH.
YOU PEOPLE ARE LAUGHING AT THIS MAN. WHY. BECAUSE HE WAS BROUGHT TO TEARS? I’M SURE IF THIS MAN WAS GAY, YOU’D BE ALL OVER IT.
YOU’RE NOT GETTING THE WHOLE STORY.
THIS MAN ASKED HIS FOLLOWERS ON SOCIAL MEDIA A QUESTION WHEN HE SAW THAT HE HAD QUITE A LOT OF LGBT FOLLOWERS. HE SAID, “IF YOU COULD CHOOSE WHETHER TO BE GAY OR STRAIGHT, WHICH WOULD YOU CHOOSE?”
AND THE RESPONSES MOVED HIM. THEY FUCKING MOVED HIM. THAT’S WHY HIS CRYING. I’M SORRY, BUT IF YOU PEOPLE ARE GOING TO SHIT ON HIM WITHOUT GETTING THE WHOLE STORY, I CAN’T TALK TO YOU.
HIS QUOTES ARE LITERALLY:
"Sorry, guys… It’s just… It’s sad."
"So, don’t take my word for any of this. Listen to them."
"And if you think being Gay is a choice, and you want to hide behind the Bible, show me the verse where God says being gay is a choice."
HERE IS THE ARTICLE
AND HERE IS THE VIDEO
I, AS A LESBIAN, AM FUCKING DISAPPOINTED IN YOU PEOPLE WHO ARE GIVING HIM SHIT.
IN THE VIDEO,
HE FUCKING SAYS “This video is about a kid who came out to his parents, and their… Their response was horrific.”
THIS MAN IS SOMEONE WHO CARES
AND THIS MAN IS SOMEONE YOU’RE HATING ON .
GET THE WHOLE FUCKING STORY BEFORE YOU DECIDE WHO YOU INSULT. AND, MOST OF ALL, JUST KEEP YOUR SHIT TO YOURSELF UNLESS YOU’RE 100% SURE YOU WANT TO SAY IT.
/// rant over.
I hate the way some people preach about equality and treating everyone with respect but it’s deemed perfectly okay to insult and judge every single white male there is out there just because he is white and male, without even knowing the person inside.
Double standards at its finest.
remember when tumblr thought u could have infinite chocolate if u cut it at the right angle
I’ve put together a simple chart that explains the various ways you should and shouldn’t summon a waiter over to your table, and the service you’re likely to receive accordingly.
Because if one more middle aged, obnoxious asshole goes “hey you!” and snaps their fingers at me, I WILL snap said person’s neck.
I waitressed my way through college and one night this guy yells at me “Oi! you with the tits!” and my co-worker Matthew walked up to him and said “yes?”
i love how the two most cited love stories of all time are romeo & juliet and titanic and they both involve teenagers who knew each other for less than a week
and Leonardo DiCaprio played the male lead in both them.
Without winning an oscar for either
somehow we always end up here
I knew I matured when I realized every situation doesn’t need a reaction. Sometimes you just have to leave people to continue to do the lame shit that they do.
— (via harrisonjamie)
Hello fellow nerds!
A new school year is approaching, and since I have to nail my A* this year I put together a masterpost with helpful links and tips that I have gathered throughout my school years. Good luck this year: you´ll do just fine!1. Learn ´em languages2. Do your research3. Learn how to write like a God
- 10 practical tips for writing better exam essays.
- Writing an essay.
- Harvard writing resources.
- Writing application essays.
- Writing a personal statement.
- Genre characteristics.
- Writing a literary analysis essay.
- Answering essay questions.
- Get feedback.
- Bibliography maker.
- What is the word you´re looking for?4. Oh yes sweet reading5. Get your studying and organization game on6. Stress and anxiety management because school is stressful7. Go get ´em tests8. Classroom participation - because teachers love that shit9. Software and pages for us nerdy kids10. Yo! Take some time to care ´bout yo´self
I am very angry for not being born with the ability to sing or draw.
Drake & Josh - 2007
iCarly - 2010
i’m sorry but i’m not ashamed to like shitty pop music
how the fuck am i supposed to dance around my room to bon iver
reading a foreign language: yeah
writing in a foreign language: ok
listening to a foreign language: wait
speaking in a foreign language: fuck
25 things i wish i realized while i was still in highschool
- That zit on your cheek literally does not matter
- Skipping class one time will not ruin your entire life
- The boy you’re trying so hard to impress will mean nothing to you in a year
- Bring coffee to school and ignore people who make fun of it
- Bring a snack, too. Don’t care if people hear you eating in class.
- Being popular isn’t and will never be something that seriously defines who you are
- Appreciate your teachers
- Doing/not doing drugs doesn’t make you cooler than anyone else.
- Neither does drinking
- Talk to the kid sitting alone; even though it may not change your life it could drastically change theirs
- Participate in school events
- Wear sweatpants everyday
- Or wear a dress everyday
- Wear whatever makes you comfortable
- Nobody will laugh at you if you sit alone at your lunch table for five minutes
- Utilize the library
- Don’t wait 20 minutes to text someone back just to seem cool
- Tell your friends how much you love them
- Cherish your free textbooks… seriously
- Help confused freshmen, be nice to them. Remember how much you would have appreciated it a couple years ago
- Compliment the other girls in the bathroom
- That fight you had with your mom really isn’t that big of a deal
- It’s okay to cry
- Don’t let your desire for a romantic relationship stop you from forming platonic relationships
- Remember that life does go on
# if someone had told me this in high school things would be so different seriously most of these things i really really worried about and now that im in college i have to say they do not fucking matter one bit thoughts
Sleep doesn’t relieve my exhaustion anymore.